Nperf is a service designed to check the speed of the Internet. It was developed by enthusiasts from the telecommunications sector in Lyon, France. The testing time takes only a few seconds.
The following data will be displayed in the test results:
- information about the location of your IP;
- the results of the Internet speed;
- Internet provider;
- connection type;
- operating system;
- the web browser from which the testing is performed.
The user has the opportunity to compare their Internet speed with the speed of other Internet providers in your area. To do this, click on the “Compare”.
If you want to share the test results with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+, you should click on the “Share”.
NPerf offers three tests:
- Internet speed test – the user has the ability to measure the speed based on the download data.
- Delay measurement test – this test allows you to measure the time in a small packet of data, reaching after that the server and returning to the terminal. The test is performed 10 times.
- Testing in TCP/HTTP modes – the TCP mode allows you to install sockets without using a browser. This makes TCP more efficient. Working with TCP mode requires access to remote services on TCP ports 8081 and 8080.
If testing in TCP mode is not possible, HTTP mode is used. In this case, requests are sent through a web browser. This mode functions perfectly at a speed not exceeding 100 MB/s.
The information obtained during the tests, Nperf uses to generate statistical maps. If this data is transferred to third parties on a commercial basis, it becomes completely anonymous (in this case, IP hiding is used).