Apple recently launched the iPhone X to mark the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. It is a premium model that features a high-resolution display covering almost the entire front of the smartphone and arrives with a face-recognition feature for unlocking the phone.
- Ten years ago, Apple released its first iPhone on June 29, 2007, where Steve Jobs called it magic. It sold 6.1 million units. Steve Jobs said in his Macworld keynote that, “Apple will reinvent the phone.” He also said, “these are not three separate devices, this is one device, and we are calling it iPhone.” The first iPhone featured a multi-touch 3.5-inch screen with no QWERTY keyboard and used the human finger for a stylus.
- The original iPhone had no third-party apps, no GPS, no 3G support, and no video recording. Apple finally released the second iPhone called iPhone 3G in 2008. In the same year, the company also launched the App Store.
- In 2009, Apple released the iPhone 3Gs, the first iPhone with video recording capabilities. This iPhone was practically identical to its predecessor, with speed improvements and a 3-megapixel camera. Apple has also introduced voice control, but not yet called Siri.
- In 2010, Apple released the iPhone 4 with a more modern look than its predecessor. This was the first iPhone with a front-facing camera. It was also the first iPhone with a Retina display.
- In 2011, Apple released the iPhone 4s with iOS 5.0. This was the first iPhone with Siri, the company’s digital assistant.
The sixth-generation iPhone, the iPhone 5, arrived with an all-new aluminum design on a 4-inch display, making it the thinnest and lightest iPhone. It packs an improved 8-megapixel camera with a sapphire crystal lens cover, HD FaceTime camera at the front, a new Lightning connector, and redesigned EarPod headphones.
- In 2013, Apple released the iPhone 5C. This was the cheaper version of the iPhone 5 with a plastic rear. The phone runs iOS 7 with true multitasking for apps. In the same year, Apple also released the iPhone 5s and introduced the Touch ID and the 64-bit A7 processor inside the phone.
- In 2014, Apple released the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and its larger sibling, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. The company also introduced NFC for Apple Pay and other services. The iPhone 6 packed with a significant upgrade to the camera, giving better photo and video results.
- Apple’s iPhone 6S was released in 2015, and it is almost identical to the iPhone 6. It offers a few upgrades, but with the same design and chassis. The iPhone SE was also released that year.
- In 2016, Apple released the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Both iPhones feature water and dust resistance, a capacitive home button, and an upgraded camera. The phone is the first iPhone with no headphone jack.
- Earlier this year, Apple released the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which feature glass bodies that enable wireless charging, faster A11 processors, upgraded cameras, and True Tone displays. Launched on September 22, the iPhone 8 has a 4.7-inch display while the iPhone 8 Plus has a 5.5-inch LCD. Both iPhones pack faster A11 processors in a glass body, upgraded cameras, louder speakers, and wireless inductive charging.
- This year marks the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, and Apple recently released its premium model, the iPhone X (pronounced iPhone ‘10’).
Apple CEO Tim Cook said about the iPhone X “The first iPhone revolutionized a decade of technology.” “Now, ten years later, it only fits that we are here in this place to reveal a product that will set the path for technology for the next decade.”
The device features FaceID, an edge-to-edge display with no home button. The $999 iPhone features an OLED edge-to-edge display, Face ID, and new AR emojis called Animoji that you can control with your face inside iMessage.
Apple supports iPhone owners with one manual, though it is not a printed user guide. The company releases a user guide that covers all models that can run the latest operating system. So, every time we have a new iOS update, there will be a new manual for you. Apple has also released Product and Safety Info and QuickStart user guides for each model.
iPhone User Manual
The iPhone user manual includes full instructions for how to use your iPhone. For example, the iPhone X arrives with no home button and Face ID feature. We get used to using the home button on our iPhone, so it takes a little time to get used to the unfamiliar gestures on the iPhone X.
Learn how to use the new gestures for iPhone X with an iPhone user manual. You will soon find out that using an unfamiliar gesture is easier than you thought.
iPhone Manual PDF
In recent models, Apple hasn’t put a traditional user guide for download. You can still get basic safety and legal information. This iPhone Manual PDF is what you need to master your iPhone. Get to know your iPhone with this handy user manual.
The iPhone manual PDF will cover many useful tips Apple doesn’t explain to its customers, especially for its latest iPhone. Also, read our iPhone tips and tricks to get the most out of your iPhone.