Google Fi is a virtual network operator provided by Google which usually provides messaging, phone and data services to the users. They can run it on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks. It also called for this service as it launched Project Fi for the first Nexus 6 in 2015 on April 22.
After the invitations and experiments, it launched this service for other smart devices like Pixel XL smartphones and Pixel on Oct 4, 2014.
Benefits of Google Fi
- It automatically connects to secure Wi-Fi hotspots.
- If you use a lot of data on your network after 6 GB, the data will be free for the rest of the month.
- Google Fi customers can use Google Hangouts to send unlimited text messages and phone calls.
- GF customers can enjoy free international texting.
- The best thing about Google Fi is that they don’t have hidden fees included in any of their plans. This includes Trial period fees, Activation and Deactivation charges.
- This service provides you with the same price you pay at your home or data coverage anywhere in the world.
- The 24/7 Helpline is always there to resolve all your issues and queries.
- It manages your data usage every day and spills the bill with your group.
Google Fi has a special GROUP plan which allows the users (Manager) to add a group of members to it. By which the group manager can see the data usage used by each member.
In which then Google automatically shows data used by each group member and therefore enables an easy way of payment.
The newly launched services allow you to directly sign in through any Android device, including the Apple iPhone or you can log in for GF on Apple devices through the GF iOS app. Google Fi is available in the beta version for Apple users.
At first, when Project Fi was launched, it was restricted to be used on some selected phones only, but now that the Project Fi is all grown they can easily use it on all the devices like smartphones or Apple iPhone having GF.
Google itself sells “Fi” friendly phones on its official website. Some of them are Moto G6 Starting from $249. But if you buy them through Google’s service, you can get it for $197 ThinQ and LG V35 ThinQ.
Official site: Google Fi