The Google Fi is a virtual network operator provided by Google which usually provides services like messaging, phone and data services to the users. It can be run both on Wi-fi and cellular network. This service of Google Fi is also called as Project Fi was launched first for Nexus 6 in the year 2015 on April 22.
After the invitations and experiments this service was launched for other smart devices like Pixel XL smart phones and Pixel on Oct 4, 2014.
Benefits of Choosing Google Fi
- It automatically connects to the secured Wi-Fi hot spots.
- If you use a lot of data on your network after 6 GB the data will be free for the rest of the month.
- The Google Fi customers can use Google Hangout for sending unlimited text messages and phone calls.
- GF customers can enjoy free international texting.
- The best thing about Google Fi is that they do not have any hidden fees included in any of their plans. Such as Trial period fees or Activation or Deactivation charges.
- This service provides you the same price you pay at your home or data coverage anywhere in the world.
- The 24/7 Helpline is always there to solve all your issues and queries.
- It automatically manages your data usages of every day and spill the bill with your group.
The Google Fi have a special GROUP plan which allows the users (Manager) to add a group of members to it. By which the group manager can see the data usage used by each member.
In which then Google automatically shows data used by each group member and therefore enables an easy way of payment.
The new launched services allows you to directly sign in through any Android device including the Apple iphone or you can directly login in for GF on Apple devices through GF iOS app. The Google Fi is currently available in beta version for Apple users.
At first when the Project Fi was launched it was restricted to be used on some selected phones only but now that the Project Fi is all grown it can be easily used on all the devices like smart phones or Apples iphone having GF.
The Google itself sells Fi friendly phones on their official website. Some of them are Moto G6 Starting from $249, (But if you buy them through Google’s service you can get it for $197 ThinQ and LG V35 ThinQ.
Official site: Google Fi