When it comes to sharing data between computers and servers, none stands as strong as FileZilla does! As the world moves on to the cloud platform for all their data storage and sharing needs, some old timers like myself still depend on the good old FileZilla FTP Client to do the trick.
What is FileZilla: keeping the FTP Era alive
Introduced to the Internet in the year 2006, FileZilla has been at the forefront of file transfer protocol sharing softwares. It may be considered an ancient software considering how quickly new technologies are implemented these days, FileZilla FTP Client has stood the test of time.
The continued support from the community to reinvent their FTP software, it has brought about special features with every update.
To this day, FileZilla is the most reliable way of sharing files between computers, and downloading files from shared servers. Since large file size transfers are not supported by emailing clients, and most cloud services have a limitation on the file size.
Hence an FTP software is the easiest way to move about large file sizes with high speeds easily. With every feature you could possibly look for, the FileZilla FTP can help you navigate to your local disk drives and share your content with the external servers with ease.
The software has user friendly controls and the ability to share multiple files at once. This FTP software does not require a learning curve to understand all the important features.
Benefits of FileZilla Client
- FileZilla FTP Client offers the simplest way of sharing files of all kinds between different computers on the same network.
- With as simple user interface and easy to use drag and drop features, you can get started within minutes.
- Since the file transfer speed does not depend upon the internet connection, you can transfer large files with ease.
- With almost a decade since its launch, this file transfer protocol software has been free for use and is supported only by donations.
- FileZilla Client is a cross platform software, so you can use it to transfer data between Windows, Linux and Mac with ease.
Although this software has made several upgrades in terms of functionality since its inception, there has not been a significant change in the old and outdated design.
It is no secret that the FTP system to transfer data is a dying breed, especially when pitted against the latest file sharing technologies.
However, it is still a great tool for transferring data wirelessly in the workspace or at home! As long as FileZilla FTP Client keeps up its good work, the technology of file transfer protocol will continue to flourish.